Sunday, November 1, 2009

What to Wear : Wedding Guest Hairstyle

QUESTION: Does it matter what the weather conditions are and what shoes should i wear to a February wedding with a black dupioni silk tea length dress? And my hair should i have an updo or wear it down with curls?

ANSWER: Hi Kina,
I hope I can help you with your questions!
In general, yes, the weather will be a deciding factor in what you wear with your dress. I sounds beautiful by the way. You will want to find some nice heels that have closed toes and heels, since you are attending a wedding in the middle of winter! If you live in an area where the temperature is in the forties or fifties, you can get away with open heel shoes, but if you are facing frigid weather or rain or snow, definitley wear closed shoes..we don't want any sneezing at the church!

As for your hair, I would have to know a little more about your face shape,,,because I would be deciding about your hairstyle based on what looks best on you...if you need help with learning what yoru faceshape is go to www.shop4prom.com and click on the hairstyles link.

Once you know, email or send another question with this info and I will recommend and really nice hairstyle picked just for you!!

Let me know if this helps or if you have more questions!
Thanks
GG Flower

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Concerning my Hairstlye...I have a extremely thick long straight hair, past my waist its hard to style any day ! I have green eyes and brown hair.I'm very natural looking also I do not wear make up.Occasionally lip gloss with a little tint and clear mascara. I'm still unsure as to what shape my face is but these are the measurements:cheekbones 6 inches across,jawline and forhead are the same 5inches, from the tip of my hairline to my chin it is close to 8 inches. so i would guess somewhere between oval,round and oblong. (my cheeks are extremely full).
 
Answer

Half down half updo
Hi Kina,
You have a lovely face and beautiful hair! From your picture, and your measurements, it appears that your face shape is oval, which means you can wear just about any style you want!

I like the idea of using only a bit of tint on your lips, and the clear mascara separates and darkens your natural lashes. No need to wear makeup if you don't need it!

I chose this half down, half updo hairstyle for you for two reasons. #1 Its easy to achieve. #2 It will look good no matter how long the wedding and reception lasts.

Half down half updos are nice for girls who prefer natural styles, because it still looks natural. Typically, an updo takes more work to create and more products to keep it in place, such as pins, gels, and hair spray...and it doesn't always feel very comfortable, unless you are used to using a lot of product on your hair.

This style is perfect, it is classy, dressy and feminine. Perfect for any special occasion!

What do you think?
GG Flower

Bookmark and Share

No comments: