Sunday, July 3, 2011

What to Wear : Class Reunion

Question
Hi - I have my 30th class reunion coming up next month and we put casual dress on the invitation.  I want to wear jeans w/heel (thinking of peep toe type heel) and a nice dressy top.  I have dark brown hair and eyes and I'm 5'5" and even though I have a small waist I tend to be bigger through the hip and thigh area.  I was thinking of a longer type of top that doesn't hug my butt belted but then I don't know if that makes my hips look bigger because my waist is smaller.  Now mind you - when I graduated HS I was way too thin and I weighed 190 at my 25th class reunion which was 5 years ago.  So, I am 20lbs heavier since my 25th class reunion  :(  I really want to look nice and stylish - can you help!!
thank you!!!

Answer
Hi Trudi,
First  of all, even though jeans  are  casual,  remember they WILL make your hips and  thighs look bigger. It has to do with the cut and all the extra detail and stitching on them. But I do  understand that everyone wears jeans, so.....

As  far  as  your top, you can  wear a longer  top. But in order  to minimize your hips,  be sure to choose a top that is the same color as your pants. SO if you are wearing dark blue jeans, choose a dark blue top etc...I know this may sound boring but it will do your figure good, it slims and camoflages any imperfections. Your heels will make a fine statement, and so will your jewelry. You might want to choose a pair of really big earrings for extra  pizzazz.

Let me know how you put it all together! Have fun at your 30th.

No comments: