Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What to Wear? : Wedding in the West Indies

Question :
I'm going to St. Kitt's, W. Indies for a wedding. I'm wearing a gold dress. Simple, wide pleats on bottom. Nice sash around waist and top part of dress is simple v-neck. What color jewelry do I wear?

Answer :
Hi Evelyn,
I need a bit more information in order to answer your question properly.

First off, is the dress metallic gold? Or is is yellow gold? This will make a big difference in how I answer.

Next, please tell me when you will be in St. Kitts. I imagine it will be warm year round, but its important to know what goes on there culturally.

Lastly, is the wedding during the day? Evening or night?
Indoors or outdoors. Its hard to tell if the bride is going to
have a Caribbean theme or a typical traditional theme. It would help to know. Some brides wear white bikinis on the beach!

So get back when you can and I will try to answer the question better.

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

The dress is a yellow gold. I w/be in St. Kitt's Nov 5th. Wedding is in the evening. The bride w/be traditonally dressed.

Thanks

Also dress is short and simple. But has a V neck shirt collar.

Answer
Hi Evelyn
I am including a picture so you can see my recommdation. Yellow gold is a lot of color and this necklace will keep it from looking like too much color. You can choose to wear the set (necklace and earrings or just one or the other)


I would suggest that you wear shoes to match the pewter color of the second level of stones, very neutral, light gray-brown, aka champagne color.

GG Flower 

Any other thoughts / ideas from any one? 

No comments: