Saturday, October 10, 2009

What to Wear : Light Skintone Black Hair

Question
what color would look best on me?
Hi my names ashleigh. i am 16 years old and was just wondering which color would suit me best. My natural hair color is medium brown, But i have currently died it black, i am medium to light skinned. I usually wear boring colors such as black but i am not a Goth.
Answer

Hi Ashleigh
Thank you for your question.
The trick with colour is
1. find the colours that suit you best
2. build a wardrobe around your 2 or 3 favorites.

For instance, with your current hair color, you do look good in black but there is no reason wear all black. White and black are good choices for your basic colors.

Do you have a favorite color? Let's say its pink.
Not just any pink. Your best pink should be bold and bright like magenta.

So your wardrobe could have
black pants, shorts or skirts
white pants, shorts or skirts.
lots of white tops in different styles, casual, clubwear, etc.
lots of tops in pink, and or black

Now your pink/magenta will be your accent color to jazz it up a bit.
How about black shorts, white top and magenta tennis shoes for casual?

Or white skirt, magenta top and white sandals and a magenta and black totebag that you can wear with anything in your new wardrobe.

My advice for you is to build on what you already have in your closet, and add pieces to it as you can.

Now be sure to write me if you go back to brown hair. I will have a completly different answer for you!

GG Flower
Bookmark and Share

No comments: