Monday, October 5, 2009

What to Wear : Shoes with Navy Blue

Question
I bought a sheath-type dress, very form fitting, with a deep v-neck front and back. It comes to the knee and is a navy blue stretchy satin material.  I don't know what color shoes and jewelry to wear.  I have platinum sandals, black peep-toe slingbacks and gold sandals at home.  I am looking for help!  I'm blonde, if that makes a difference.  Thanks!

Answer
Hi Maria,
I think you should wear either the platiunum or gold sandals if they will be warm enough in your location, that is.

Your actual  haircolor will be the clincher in this decision. Match your shoes and accessories to the color of your hair, so if your hair is golden blonde go with the gold shoes and if it is ash or baby blonde, go with the platinum.

The reason for this is simple. The fewer colors you wear in an outfit, the more formal you will look. You do want to look dressy, elegant and formal for the wedding. If you go with all one color for your accessories, you will be maximizing your elegance quotient: simple classy and elegant.

Please let  me know if you have any more questions.  Your dress sound absolutely beautiful! Go with a large gold or platinum earring, like a chandelier for the greatest effect!

GG Flower
Bookmark and Share

No comments: