Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What to Wear : Classical Concert

Question
Hi,
I will be attending the Andrea Bocelli concert in San Antonio, TX Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM at San Antonio Municipal Auditorium and have NO idea what to wear. I am from Michigan where typically I would be wearing something with a little warmth and my mink coat. I'm sure that's not appropriate for Texas. I have never been to Texas and have no idea what to pack for the days I will be there. Any help greatly appreciated!
 
Answer
Although I am not an expert in the weather, I do recommend you check out this website. You will find the current weather conditions for San Antonio. As you can see it is still quite warm and your mink would not be at all necessary!

http://www.wunderground.com

I am by no means that familiar with San Antonio, having never been there, so I would look for something in lighter materials. Ideally, you would purchase something that you could actually wear to a similar event in Michigan.

I chose this dress because it can be worn at a cocktail party anywhere, and it is made of a light fabric.

For the rest of your wardrobe, it all really depends upon your activities, but here are a few essentials.Whenever you travel plan to bring basic colors for your clothing. Use your jewelry to add color. This will simplify your packing

Navy slacks
Navy shorts
Off-white or cream shorts
Off-white or cream slacks
Navy T-shirt long sleeve (crew neck)
Navy T-shirt short sleeve
White t-shirt short sleeve
White T-shirt long sleeve (crew neck)
White Sweater (just in case)
Cream and beige striped shirt
Navy and white print shirt
Light brown walking shoes
White tennis shoes, if you wish.
Black heels
Simple Gold earrings and bracelet for day
Fancy Gold earrings and bracelet for night
Bring an umbrella!

As you can see, this suitcase would contain basic colors that mix and match. Most of the outfits would be casual, except for the dress. 

Here's a tip. Wearing all one color makes your outfit dressier looking. For example, during the day, wear your white short sleeved t-shirt with your navy slacks for a casual look. At night wear your white long sleeved t-shirt and white slacks and fancy gold earrings for a slight dressier look. It will create the illusion of elegance even though you are wearing a t-shirt.

I hope this helps answer your question. Please let me know what you think. I have tried to give you some basic idea of how to pack and this should give you a good idea of to pack for all your future trips, anywhere in the world.

1. Weather
2. Basic styles, basic colors

Have a greaaaaaaaaaaaaat time!
Gigi
Bookmark and Share

No comments: